You are currently browsing the monthly archive for March 2016.
1. As part of my odyssey into multicultural damnation, i read Jean Raspail’s 1973 The Camp of the Saints.
In this novel, he envisages the destruction of Europe under a deluge of 3rd World invasion, passed off as migration, hate-filled invaders presented as poor refugees by the Left-wing elite. A fleet of 3rd World invaders board ships and sail slowly to Europe. Most of the book concerns the various Left-wing elites’ reaction to this invasion, with politicians and journalists grinning about diversity and compassion and a new world order, a world without class, race, nation, a world without borders. Pop bands compose songs in support of the invasion. A Left-wing Brazilian pope weeps and wrings his hands and encourages Europe to open its doors to the dispossessed and wonderfully poor fleet. Young white people go to the shore to welcome the invaders with food and supplies. They wave “we are all the Ganges Armada now!” banners.
Those who resist or demur are, as one would expect, accused of racism and fascism and of being all-round nasty types. Finally, the invasion fleet arrives, and the poor refugees from the 3rd World take over Europe, robbing, plundering, and killing all who resist. Finis Europae.
2. It’s not a great novel, not even i would say a good novel – the prose is good but all the characters sound identical, and it reads more like a tract; however, it takes on a certain power in these last days. Raspail is pleasantly unaccommodating; as i see it, he regards Europe as doomed unless it can recognise that universal love is meaningless, that one must first love one’s own community and culture, and protect it against destruction:
Man has never really loved humanity all of a piece – all its races, its peoples, its religions – but only those creatures he feels are his kin, a part of his clan, no matter how vast. As far as the rest are concerned, he forces himself, and lets the world force him. And then, when he does, when the damage is done, he himself falls apart.
i think it’s fair to say that no one could love human beings just for being human beings, because there are 7.4 billion of us and so the category becomes meaningless. On an alien planet, surrounded by tentacle-waving green monsters, i dare say i would be relieved, nay delighted, to meet even a pre-Columbian Aztec; just as, surrounded as i am by Germands and Americans, i am always happy to meet an Engländer – even though i would feel absolutely no affinity for any of the English colleagues i’ve met, if we were back in England. To say a pen and paper are identical because both are made of atoms, is not helpful. Further – i like pens but am very choosy and so would never use a 20 quid fountain pen (it would leak and feel cheap), or a throwaway biro. The idea that one must identify with another, just because he’s human, is absurd – try asking a Social Justice Warrior to sympathise with a straight white man who stubbed his toe. The truth of the matter is that we naturally cluster into groups, and regard those beyond a certain limit as somewhere between alien and enemy. One sees this where Social Justice Warriors turn on each other; at the moment, the various SJW groups (Feminist, Muslim, gay, paedophile, trans-everything, Black etc., Marxist, etc.) are only united by their hatred of those who created Western civilisation, a civilisation sufficiently open-minded to allow these folk to thrive.
– but long before the last straight white man has been murdered, these groups will turn on each other, and i think one can safely say a mob of angry fat Feminists with dyed hair will not fare well against a billion AK-47-wielding Muslims.
3. Raspail’s Brazilian Pope is right on:
…a statement by His Holinless, Pope Benedict XVI, the official text of which reads as follows. I quote: “On this Good Friday, day of hope for Christians the world over, we beseech our brethren in Jesus Christ to open their hearts, souls, and worldly wealth to all these poor unfortunates whom God has sent knocking at our doors. There is no road save charity for a Christian to follow.” […]
“How do you like that?” the President exclaimed, over the concerto that followed. “I can just hear the good Lord above, complaining, ‘Et tu, fili?’ What else could you expect from a Brazilian? The cardinals wanted a new-style pope. For the universal Church, they said.
It is hard not to grimace at the irony of the novel’s Marxist Brazilian Pope being titled Benedict XVI, when Joseph Ratzinger (the real Benedict XVI) was unceremoniously shuffled off stage to make way for a pope seemingly modelled on Raspail’s Leftist. As the Germands say, the fish stinks from the head, so here is a public announcement by the novel’s French President, who doesn’t believe a word he says:
Five hours from now, a million refugees will peacefully begin to set foot on our soil. Refugees whose race, religion, language, and culture are different from our own. For the most part they will be women and children, jobless and needy peasants, all fleeing from famine, and misery, and despair.
4. The dissenters are as usual few. A Special Forces colonel who tries to hold back the hordes with his few men – one of my favourite lines:
Let’s go up there, Captain. If you’ve still got a conscience, now’s the time to forget it! Sit on it, damn it! And for God’s sake, fire!
And a right-wing journalist who can’t print due to a union strike:
“I can’t tell,” Machefer replied, “if you’re all a gang of bastards, or just stupid assholes!” He shrugged his shoulders, and added as he left: “Just assholes I guess! Too bad!”
It looks like Europe can no longer be saved.
When Europe has become a colony of the 3rd World, and people in Japan or Australia scratch their heads and wonder how the civilisation of Dante, Goethe, of the Gothic architects, of Mozart, Frederick the Great, could have slit its own throat within a generation, perhaps it will suffice to say “just stupid assholes I guess!”
1. i haven’t been reading much save histories (generally WW2 and so on), however films have stepped in to fill the imaginative gap. i saw Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight, and have been rewatching Nolan’s Batman trilogy, and then Inception. i didn’t much like 8 – every main character is (to use a Werner Herzog phrase) “vile and debased”. There is a brief vignette of some grinning rustics – who get wiped out – but they are so implausibly nice, Arcadian, that they just got on my nerves, and i cheered when they were shot. i feel there is something pathological about Tarantino; so, i note that it is his hands choking Diane Kruger in Inglourious Basterds, because he felt Christoph Waltz couldn’t do it properly, and by Kruger’s account she was not feigning panic and pain, Tarantino having got a little carried away.
i like a good bitch-slapping as much as the next man but, watching 8, i got the feeling Tarantino relished the sight of Kurt Russell beating a helpless female captive (she is, naturally, also a nasty piece of work). One only needs to look at Tarantino, and listen to him talk – he is vile & debased; i wouldn’t be surprised if they find a load of dead hookers in his basement at some point. He is, naturally, a Leftist and Social Justice Warrior.
Having said that, i like most of his films – Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Jackie Brown, Inglourious Basterds, and Django Unchained. He is certainly a master technician, with a vision – hence, one talks of “a Tarantino film”. In his best works, for all the cartoonish & gory extravagance, there is a fidelity to our experience of cause & effect. Films tend to get on my nerves because the plots often run thus:
Bad Guy has a master plan
Good Guy defeats him by being good and strong
In Tarantino films, every plan goes awry. In Pulp Fiction, the entire story is driven by plausible chance, and plausible human response – a guy is hiding in the bathroom, shoots at Jules & Vincent, misses, then Jules chooses to give up his way of life. Vincent accidentally blows the head off an informant, as a result they end up breakfasting in a diner dressed like morons, when Tim Roth’s character decides to hold it up. In Inglourious Basterds, Von Hammersmark meets the Basterds in a beer cellar, and a curious Gestapo officer is sitting nearby.
In Django Unchained, Waltz’s Dr Schultz loses his temper, precipitating the bloody last act of gore and vengeance. Nothing is planned, or rather men plan and then something unexpected happens, and it all ends in bloodshed and death.
i find this highly satisfying, for it is my own experience of life. Even Stalin apparently said that events have a will of their own (memoriter, i read this wonderful sentence in one of my many WW2-era books but forgot to make a note). We live, quoth Wallace Stevens, in an old chaos of the sun, and are constantly surprised by events, and our own impulses and actions, keeping appointments we did not make (Chaucer via translation via Harold Bloom).
2. Christopher Nolan is, i would say, as great a film maker as Tarantino, but in his films there is a classical neatness and form – so in The Dark Knight, the Joker has his masterplan, but watching this film again recently, i kept thinking “how could anyone plan this?” The opening bank robbery (a homage to Mann’s Heat) is ludicrously overplanned, to the point where it would all have fallen apart if one variable had acted even slightly other than expected. Later, the Joker tries to intercept a police van (i can’t even remember why), only failing because Batman intervenes, then Batman fails to kill the Joker on a last minute impulse of (presumably) mercy, then the Joker fails to kill Batman because Gordon happened to be (in disguise) driving the van and holds a gun to his head. Joker is taken to prison, gets out when he uses a phone to activate a bomb implanted in another prisoner’s gut, and then quoth Gordon “the Joker planned to be caught!”
What? What? What? You on crack or summat?
Same in The Dark Knight Rises, Bane and his men are put on a CIA plane without any kind of checks:
CIA agent: Was getting caught part of your plan?
Bane: Of course!
Of course, everything is part of the plan and everything runs like clockwork. In Nolan’s films, when things go wrong it is because of willed opposition & choice (e.g. Moll’s spectre in Inception, or Catwoman finally siding with Batman), never because things just go wrong. In Tarantino’s films, the characters are small figures in a largely incomprehensible world, a world with a will of its own. Fate is the principal. Nolan’s films are more like a dream where the main character creates everything, including his adversaries, and so everything that happens is a working-out of a central and uniform vision.
3. My own sense of things is that daily life is Tarantinian, but outside of time it is Nolianic. When i think of my own fated events, there was no frisson of otherworldly awe at their start, nothing to indicate significance; everything seemed to come from chance, prosaic cause & effect; yet the result was pre-ordained.
Because most plans seem to go awry, and many things happen for seemingly no reason at all, i have long resisted conspiracy theories about giant lizards and the New World Order. However, the situation in Germany is now so strange that i have begun to wonder what is guiding Angela Merkel, or Morgul as i think of her (actually, her real surname is dire enough – Merkstaves, Mirkwood, murky). Among my German acquaintances, interpretations run:
i) She has suddenly chosen to be emotional and wants to embrace the 3rd World in her loathsome bosom;
ii) She wants to make Germany look good and not like a bunch of snarling Nazis;
iii) She wants millions of young men to do low-skill jobs in Germany;
iv) She is stupid
v) She is mad.
No one finds i) plausible, and ii) is also risibly flimsy. iii) would make sense if Germany had enough low-skill jobs, and didn’t already have enough East Europeans. It is also highly unlikely that the millions of young, aggressive male Muslims will contribute to the German economy – Sweden here is the exemplar of multicultural horror & economic collapse; since Sweden’s Leftist politicians magnanimously chose to open their country to the 3rd World, rape has gone up 1472 %. Even if crime and the actual danger to the native population is of no importance, economically Muslims contribute nothing to Sweden, or actually any country. They mostly lack education, and don’t come from a culture where education is valued (unlike, e.g. Jews, South Koreans, Chinese, Japanese), and also centuries of inbreeding have not made for intellectual potential. The idea that these violent, inbred, young Muslims will become Purchasing Managers in BMW, or engineers, or accountants, is, well, a bit of a stretch. Although they could probably manage basic physical tasks, they will only do so if absolutely compelled.
They will rape, and rob, and murder, and live quite a comfortable life off the taxes of those who spend 15 or more years in education, and who want to work – that is, the native population – but i wouldn’t expect too much in the way of productive labour from 3rd world village Jihaddists.
Here are my suggestions, interpretations behind the Morgul’s actions:
i) Destroy Europe and exterminate European races, and European civilisation. Quite why anyone would want to do this is beyond me; even the Muslims can only live a cosy ghetto life on welfare as long as there are educated Europeans to work for them, or enough natural resources to manage without civilisation (as in Saudi Arabia):
…but then, i suppose after the world economy has collapsed completely whoever is left can always blame the white devil, as they presumably will.
ii) Introduce so much chaos and disorder that people cry out for more police, for the army to patrol the streets, and they are willing to pay even higher taxes to protect the borders. This would be a way of moving money from the private individual to the State, and so is a plausible motivation, for a politician.
iii) Introduce so much chaos and disorder that people are distracted from the impending financial crash, having other things to worry about – how to protect their wives and children from being raped by our Muslim guests.
The Morgul is apparently playing her cards close to her chest, as a German friend in the know seemed bewildered by her actions. i think one can safely say the Morgul wishes not merely millions of young men, but especially young Muslim men – or so i judge, since Germany is refusing refugee applications from the Ukraine, where there really is a war, and where people have a broadly similar culture, and education. A million Ukrainians would cause problems, but they wouldn’t be roaming the streets looking for rape victims, and i dare say they would have a much higher level of education, and willingness to work. And yet the Morgul has turned them away. So, it looks like the motivation is purely to introduce millions of young aggressive Muslims into Germany.
i doubt Morgul is unaware that Sweden’s 16.5% immigrant-background population consume 66.4% of total welfare, and that not merely the first generation, but their children and grandchildren are over-represented on the welfare rolls, and in criminal statistics (see also the Pakistani community in UK). So, unless she is stupid or insane, her only motivation is to destroy German society and economy, and to end European culture.
4. i am not naturally given to optimism. Once the rapists are here, it will be impossible to solve the problem without iron will, and ruthless force of a kind (West) Germans haven’t known in precisely 71 years.
‘I wish it need not have happened in my time,’ said Frodo.
‘So do I,’ said Gandalf, ‘and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
i am mildly put out that this comes now, in my gouty middle years, my lungs so damaged by repeated attacks that i lack the power for an extended brawl. Realistically the most one can hope for is total financial collapse, burning cities, gang warfare, mass rape, Sharia law, and a good death, fighting the invaders and trying to take a few to use as doormats in Valhalla.
1. i didn’t blog for a while, as i was busy rewriting my awful Bildungsroman, The Better Maker, and felt besides a paralysing impotence and lack of faith in any kind of public thought or writing. TBM is now, i hope, finished – begun in 2002, first draft finished on my 28th birthday in 2004, edited and re-edited for years, i self-published the best version i could make in 2008, not entirely satisfied; then i began a total rewriting about a year ago and now i think and pray it is done. It isn’t a great book but i think it is good at least, and whole, whereas the earlier versions were flawed, probably because i was then too close to the protagonist. Now i am an old dog of 40 and so somewhat distant from that earlier self.
2. Back in 2002, i wanted to be published and famous in a literary sense (i.e. no one would recognise me on the bus). By the time TBM was self-published in 2008, i wished merely for enough money to stop temping. i now feel uninterested in either money or readers. i have always been, like Farinata, unable to perceive the present – one reason, perhaps, that i proved unemployable for any save the worst jobs in England, being uninterested in beer, football, celebrities, TV; i have always felt more at home in the distant past, and now i have lost any sense of a future:
‘We see, like those with faulty vision, things at a distance from us,’ he said, ‘so much light the Sovereign Lord still grants us; when they draw near or are present our intellect is wholly at fault and unless others bring us word we know nothing of your human state. Thou canst understand, therefore, that all our knowledge will be dead from the moment the door of the future is closed.
fia nostra conoscenza da quel punto
che del futuro fia chiusa la porta
(Inferno, X, tr. John Sinclair)
Although i did not really think much about the future, i wanted European civilisation to continue – civilisation as i have seen it in Germany and Finland, for it is already half-gone in England. i found Germany & especially Bavaria astonishing, in many ways like some idyllic England of the 30s, with almost no street crime, a naturally conservative, traditionalist culture, relatively homogeneous, with a daily decency which seems to have disappeared from England (when i think of exceptions, they are almost always people over 60). Germany seemed indeed like Tolkien’s Shire – there were petty spites and crimes, but especially in Munich life was stable and secure. Women could get blind drunk and take the u-bahn home at night without fear. When i told my German friends here how dangerous England is, they said “oh but it is dangerous here also! A man was killed 3 years ago in McDonald’s!”, and i blinked and told them that this would be a rather more regular occurrence in England.
When i think now of the future, it is of Eurabia. Germany has few low-skill jobs (mostly outsourced), so the young males imported from Afghanistan, Somalia, Eritrea, Iraq, Syria, will be largely unemployable. There will be sizeable ghettos, as in Sweden and France and Belgium, where the police and emergency services no longer dare go. The police will act only to arrest and intimidate the native Europeans who try to protect themselves, their women and their children. The migrants, i imagine, did not come here to work in any case – and certainly not because they are fleeing warzones – they came with the promise of generous welfare and a carefree existence. One need only look at how 2nd and 3rd generation migrants have assimilated in Rotherham or Sweden, to see what lies in store. If there is, as projected, a 1929-style crash this year, the migrants will riot and rise up, because they are not granted the pleasant accommodations and BMWs they expected. The police will be unable and indeed unwilling to do more than arrest PEGIDA and Soldier of Odin-style European Maquis. Finally, the kind of riots we saw in the UK in 2011 will be commonplace, with added Muslim mass rapes, tortures, murders, until finally only the rich, and their well-rewarded tools will dwell in secure compounds, or even relocate entirely.
This sounds, of course, preposterous. When i told my German friends, in September 2015, that they would soon see Muslim rape as an everyday phenomenon, and Feminists and media would ignore it or defend the rapists, and the police would do little or nothing, naturally everyone thought i was nuts (for those who don’t follow the non-mainstream media, it has come true). As, i’m sure, it would have seemed ludicrous to suppose that the Bolshevik party could overthrow the Russian Government and turn all the lands unfortunate enough to fall under the USSR into a police state. It would have seemed ludicrous, to upper middle class Jewish doctors or lawyers or musicians, if one had suggested they get out of Europe in 1933. Had one told Tolkien, when he was a child in leafy Birmingham, that in a few decades it would resemble Mogadishu on welfare, he would probably have scoffed and said, Don’t get carried away.
3. i sympathise with Stefan Zweig, now. He committed suicide in Brazil in 1942. In his suicide note:
Every day I learned to love this country more, and I would not have asked to rebuild my life in any other place after the world of my own language sank and was lost to me and my spiritual homeland, Europe, destroyed itself.
i have considered escaping Europe before it becomes Eurabia, but i feel a great lethargy and hopelessness. As one of my German friends said, grimly, Where can we go? Japan, perhaps, but i fear to start a new and totally alien language at my advanced age.
In the eyes of the early 20s migrants – a class of whom sexually harassed my female boss at McLingua a few weeks ago (they were supposedly learning German) – i see only gloating triumph, as the white Christian devil opens the gates and waves welcoming banners.
4. Perhaps, in a few thousand years, civilisation will arise once more in Europe, but i am an impatient man. i have some scant hope that the Kraut will rediscover their killing rage of yore, and resist the 3rd World invasion. Contrary to what i read in Der Spiegel, the rapists are not feared by a tiny minority of neo-Nazi extremists – almost every German i meet has said it is a terrible idea to import millions of young males from the 3rd World; so far, i have met only one (a hippy dippy fat woman, resembling a giant bespectacled rabbit) who is unreservedly happy to have hordes of rapists running amok in her neighbourhood. i don’t know quite what Angela Merkel, and whoever put pressure on her, had in mind, but i get the feeling they were thinking in terms of Sweden – that most people would be afraid of being called Nazis and would grin forcedly as the Muslims drag their children away to be raped; that the media would effectively cover up the inevitable atrocities, that the entire country would be turned into a 3rd World slum with a few scared white people paying high taxes to subsidize the welfare of millions of rapists and criminals.
My one hope is that Merkel and her backers have underestimated the Bosche. Already, the Government has taken the attack to the German people, using tax-payers’ money to accuse us of being violent Nazis:
“Stay strong Germany! With humanity, against your dark side!”
i’m not joking – the German Government have actually used the money paid by Germans, and poor folk such as myself, to accuse us of being potential monsters. The gap between the official narrative, and the everyday reality, is now so great that virtually everyone i talk to says things like “you cannot trust the Government” and “the newspapers are all lies”. Even the frigging leftie multiculturalists i know are now saying they are scared, and one even of these “welcome refugee!” idiots asked me where she can get pepper spray.
5. If we can take Sweden as the Eurabian exemplar, i think it is a mistake to see Germany going the same route without a struggle. i don’t know why some countries, e.g. the UK, passively accept their Muslim overlords and the Politically Correct elite – actually, when i worked with the left-school-at-16 masses in my temping years, i found virtually everyone was conservative and un-PC, but were terrified of being hounded by the leftist mob and leftist police. It’s different in Germany, especially Bavaria. i see England as a special case, perhaps as Peter Hitchens suggested, our sense of inferiority to the US – heightened by our common language – destroyed our cultural integrity. i think Sweden is a particularly egregious case because they haven’t had a war in a long long time now – they were carefully and profitably neutral in WW2, and i note that the countries which really suffered and fought the most tend to retain their cultural cohesion and pride. Denmark, Norway, Belgium, Netherlands, France, were quickly defeated and then relatively gently occupied by the Panzerkraut. These countries are now all hellholes of Islam and left-wing ideology. They didn’t fight worth a damn, and apart from the Jews and Commies they had an easy enough time of it.
Now let’s look at Finland.
Finland was at war, unaided, against the Soviet Union for 3 months. And it won. Well, it lost but at such a high cost to Ivan that as one Russian general put it, “we won just enough earth to bury our dead in”. Then Finland was an ally of Germany, fighting to regain territory and officially at war with Britain, the US, USSR. Then Finland made a peace with the USSR and was at war with Germany. Finland was at war with fucking everybody.
The Finns have low immigration and are a bunch of scowling black-metal-looking abominations, clutching warhammers and spiked clubs. They have the usual left-wing Government and media but the people themselves seem to be a race of blood-soaked maniacs, ready for war.
Russia, Poland, Hungary, etc. – consider Timothy Snyder’s Bloodlands. Do you think Ivan will welcome half a billion Muslim rapists? Will Ivan wave “welcome refugee” signs? Will Ivan say, “this Muslim rapist must have had a hard childhood, so we can’t send him to prison.” Will Ivan say, “you are all welcome to rape and steal, and we will turn the other cheek”? Will Ivan put 3rd World rapists in cruise liners and 5-star hotels? Will Ivan bankrupt his own nation to provide for foreign rapists?
Now let us turn to Germany. At war with virtually every country on the planet over 5 years, a good brutal war every generation until 1945. It is true that present day Kraut are much softer and feebler than the Kraut of the 1930s:
This Kraut would lose a hand and an eye and still fight. The present-day Kraut are naturally a much softer bunch, but i think the warrior genes are still there, the sense that life is war and conflict, and that the nice, the soft, are eradicated by the ruthless and the brutal. It is my hope that Germany will mark the turning of the tide against the Left, against mass rape and genocide. It is, of course, unlikely.
Merkel will go down in history as the destroyer of Europe. Whether the native populations are to be exterminated or enslaved by the rapist hordes, or whether we have a hideous Balkans-style civil war, with house to house fighting, she will not be remembered fondly. i doubt i will survive this coming war, but then i never expected to get to 40, so, as one of my German friends said, i should look on every day as an added and unexpected bonus. In my mind, i am already dead, as is the quiet, orderly Europe i have enjoyed the last 6 years – now comes the war, ruin and the world’s ending.